- Baking experiments – the fresh homemade hot cross buns I baked last weekend, and the pear and chocolate cake I made after.
- Blanket scarves – it’s juuuuust cool enough to justify wearing one for my morning trip to work or in an over air-conditioned office, and it’s like wearing a hug.
- Advance tickets to Avengers: Age of Ultron. Because I love superhero movies. I love them so much.
- My Urban Decay Naked 3 palette – I love make up and I refuse to apologise for that, and this is the best make-up purchase I’ve ever made.
- Sushi exists – Mum and I had a sushi date for dinner on Saturday. Crunchy prawn rolls. hng.
- Progress on The Project. Slow, labourious progress, but progress none the less.
- Neglecting physio exercises. Back is hurting. I’ve got to get back to it.
- There are things I need to do that I am avoiding doing for irrational reasons. Have to work on avoiding avoiding….??
- Not getting enough sleep.
- Hozier is performing in Sydney tonight and I am not there.
It’s been a long time since I wrote anything here, or wrote anything in general. I’m trying to get back into putting words on the screen, taking baby steps back towards achieving my goals. It’s proving harder than I’d hoped, but I’m persisting.
I more or less stopped writing late last year, mainly due to health issues – that’s a discussion for another time and another post – but I’m trying to get myself back into gear and keep things in perspective. A break from writing doesn’t mean I can’t write or I’ll never write again. As difficult as it’s proving right now, I still love writing. I might be in a rut, but I’m trying to work through it. And that means focusing on the good things, rather than fixating on the bad.
So I’m going to try – try being the operative word – to write a weekly list of Pros. A list of good things that have happened, happy memories, highlights from the week gone by, things to focus on through bad days and dry spells. Sometimes there might be Cons too – things that went wrong, struggles and stumbles, lessons learned and obstacles overcome. The aim, in theory, is for the Pros to outweigh the Cons.
I might not be great at keeping this up and sticking to doing it every week, we’ll see, but I’m going to try, and for now trying is a pro in itself.